Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All I Needed to Know I Learned from Footloose


I was pleased to see that a new generation of movie goers are able to learn the valuable life lessons found within the warehouse dance sequence in Footloose. When it seems like everyone has turned on you and there is no way out there are three steps to recovery.
1. Find a wide open space.
2. Start drinking, smoking and listening to rock music.
3. Let the music move you.



Clearly no match for the original but good to see anyway.

3 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Dude. When I was about 13 or so I was convinced that that movie would CHANGE MY LIFE. Seriously. Epiphany moment!!!

Now that I'm kinda oldish I can see that I never realized how arty his angst was.

And not being invincible anymore, marveled that you can dance your way through an abandoned warehouse and not get, y'know, hurt.

Which is why I'm glad you put up the second clip...

Unknown said...

We are cut from the same cloth Hick. My older sister and others petitioned for the first official school dance (we were of course having them unofficially). Pastors warned of teens 'dancing with devil', which of course made headlines across Canada.
Can't say I am big fan of how I see the current 'teen dance' scene. Our church secretary chaperons them and tells me of all the various groping and drug induced incidents.
This does not keep from believing in the power of dance. I can still remember moving to rhythms of Roxette alone in my basement.
Okay shut up Dave.

Heidi the Hick said...

Do not tell me you were doing backflips like Kevin Bacon though!!!!!!

I loved school dances and yes there was bad stuff going down. I lived through it.

One of my cousins is a good little Mennonite and and a good little choreographer. It can all work together!

See you soon.