Monday, March 31, 2008

Forthcoming . . .

In the Pastoral Care class that I am taking (recommended for me en route to ordination) I am writing a paper on ministry to men. This allowed me to finally spend some time reading and reflecting on the larger issue of gender. I will be posting on this topic briefly. For now sit back and enjoy a clip from Godmen the newest men's ministry in America. A recent article noted the lyrics to their 'cowboy up' style worship. The title of the song . . . Grow a Pair.
"We've been beaten down / Feminized by the culture crowd /
No more nice guy, timid and ashamed / We've had enough, cowboy up /
In the power of Jesus' name / Welcome to the battle /
A million men have got your back / Jump up in the saddle /
Grab a sword, don't be scared / Be a man, grow a pair!"
(Blade, you may want to steer Anthony in this direction)



Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy

No comments: