Thursday, September 04, 2008

Who Cares Who Wrote the Bible?

For those of you who were riveted to my series on the origins of the Old Testament I have the devastating news that I will not finish the series. (I will pause as you regroup)  While I did enjoy the book and it has changed how I view the Bible I simply lost interest in exerting that much energy to distill it here.  In addition as I was working through it more closely I began to see to how forced some of the moves were that he made in order to sustain the overall project.  I do not deny that much of it might be true but I am certainly also not convinced of it.  As he reached the formation of P things started to get a little convoluted in who had what text when and why they got put together.  So anyway I'm putting that one to bed.

No comments: